Monday 22 May 2023

Several people's health histories?

I was at my GP's for a pre surgery appointment. I've been trying to make it to this appointment for months, but I had to keep rescheduling due to my MS being too bad. I saved up about two weeks worth of energy to go the doctor, but at least she did my annual "exam" at the same time. Wheee!!! Fun!!? 

My doctor is writing all my past surgeries, diseases, medications, etc. She makes a joke about how this is several people's history. I commented that at least I should be in my 70s, or maybe skipped some of the basics such as tonsils or appendix removed. Sigh. I hate that it's true, but I'm grateful she acknowledged it. 

I've been down for about a week from nerve pain in my whole leg. It isn't MS pain though because it's positional.  I think maybe a have a "pinched nerve" in my hip or something? The bad news is that I'm pretty sure that my Mom suffers from the same thing fairly often, and it is pretty debilitating. The good news is that I'm finally going to go back to my physiotherapist. There's a few things that I want to work on, and I haven't been wanting to spend the money. Which is ridiculous. I think it could be maybe be another way to help me regain my strength. Just needing to walk to my car and back is tough for me, so add going into a building? We'll see.

Oh, and I have a sore throat. I think it is from allergies, which would be odd because I haven't really been outside. It could be because I've had a fan blowing outside my room every night for over a week due to a major heat wave over here!!  The reason I mention this though is because I started to panic a little and start imagining the worst scenario; I'm getting a cold, and I'm going to have a major flare up, and I'm going to be down for five or six weeks, and I'm going to get even weaker, and I'm never going to get better! The thing is though, I interrupted myself at the major flare up with the thought, "what if the Wahl's protocol makes my flare ups shorter?" I haven't noticing a big difference yet, but I am fairly sure that I am recovering faster.  I hope that I'm not just finding a change because I'm looking for one. Time will tell.  And many more green leafy vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment