Tuesday 16 May 2023

Mother's Day cheat day!

 Once again I wish that I could see into the future and get some answers. I've now gone 7 days gluten free.  Is it making a difference? Will it??  I can't say a week because Sunday was Mother's Day and I was having my second cheat day of the year. On Saturday evening a got a delivery from my oldest. 12 chocolate covered strawberries, and some of the biggest strawberries I've ever seen.  So almost right away I decide that my cheat day would start at the time and end 24 hours later. I haven't had chocolate since Christmas I think, and these are one of my favourite things, so I immediately popped one in my mouth. Then I had 3 more. I felt nauseated for the rest of the night. Oops. I ended up giving the rest away to friends. 

The next day I had a sub sandwich, a raspberry chocolate croissant, and an iced latte. It was heaven.  

I was really curious to see if I would feel a lot of difference between the non gluten and the cheat day. I don't have a definitive answer for that. Yesterday, Monday I felt pretty good. I mean I haven't fallen asleep before 5 am since I had the strawberries, but I didn't feel that bad. I even found myself realizing that I had enough energy to do chores.

I was lying on the sofa feeling sorry for myself. I couldn't do anything on my phone, I couldn't go outside (allergens and heat wave), and I was really bored. Suddenly it occurred to me that I didn't need to be lying down!  I actually had enough energy to do something! I decided to sweep the main floor and tidy a bit. I then went through a big pile of photos and things that I had pulled out of a box a few weeks ago, and then couldn't deal with until now. None of it was very fun, but I was pretty happy to be up and about. I always do the chores first because there often isn't enough energy afterwards, and my messy house makes me cray-cray.

I'm still having a lot of pain in my hands and forearms. I'm almost positive it is from holding my phone too much, as if I am on it way less the pain is much better the next day. And yes, it still hurts to type, but I made the goal to journal a few times a week. Hopefully this will help me on my "journey". 

Today I had a convo with the health coach I'm working with and decided that I will keep up with my goal of reading the Wahl's Protocol about a half a chapter a day, and to add journaling. That's not very specific. The goal is to either read WP, journal, or both for a half hour a day. Today isn't exactly an interesting entry, but maybe this whole thing will eventually be worth it. 

It's Tuesday and I'm having a fairly rough day. Fatigue, pain, burning pins and needles, etc. Was this from the gluten/sugar cheat day? Will not eating gluten make a difference? Sigh. I'm off all dairy except milk. I haven't had any milk today, but here's exactly why I haven't quit yet. It's late at night. I'm hungry. There's no energy left to make anything except maybe a bowl of cereal. Sigh. That, and I still use a little bit in my tea some times. 

Hopefully one day I'll look back at this and wish I had started sooner.


No comments:

Post a Comment