Thursday 17 March 2022

I'm not Clinically Extremely Vulnerable!?!

It's April.  Mid April. I was thinking that it's the time about that time of year where I usually am at my worst, but it's not. It's too early.  Maybe it's because the season got started early this year, and went off with a bang. Is it getting worse? I was about to say that people who don't usually complain about allergies are really suffering, but I think I thought that last year. Maybe it's time to move North. If climate change is making allergens stronger, then I'd better move. How to move further north without moving to too much cold would be tricky. Stay here, allergens, move north, cold: either way I can't breathe.  

Usually around this time of year I'm starting to recover from the first blast of the trees, and getting complacent enough to go outside too much. I am actually concerned. I feel like I'm already going bananas. The cottonwood doesn't even get started for a month!! How am I going to stay inside for a few more months?  Oh, duh.  Maybe it will start early too. Maybe a couple of weeks. Sigh.

I think the real problem is the pandemic. I can't go anywhere I might usually run away to. No boyfriend's house. No gyms or pools.  No dinner dates. I've already exhausted all my sitting around waiting energy, and now it's allergy season. 

It seems that everyone around me is getting their vaccines. I've always been the sick girl, and yet, I don't get the vaccine. Everyone seems surprised by that. Especially me. What the hell?? I have asthma and MS, but I don't qualify as Extremely Vulnerable? So stupid. I wish I could contact my childhood doctors and tell them. Especially my asthma docs. The ones that have had to bring me back from the edge of no return. Or the Emergency doctors that have literally brought me back from hypoxic seizures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment